Provolone cheese, radicchio, chickpeas and red peppers give this chopped salad plenty of flavour and texture, making it a satisfying, nutritious lunch to bring to work.
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce 1 head radicchio
- 4 oz sliced provolone cheese 4 oz sliced salami
- 1 pint sweet cherry tomatoes, halved 1 14-oz can chickpeas, drained
- and rinsed
- 3 sweet red peppers, roasted, peeled
- and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 11⁄2 tsp red chili flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 6 tbsp House Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp dried basil
1. Place the onion in a small bowl of ice water; set aside.
2. Slice the lettuce and radicchio lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch-wide strips and then slice the strips in half widthwise. Place in a large salad bowl. Slice the provolone and salami into 1⁄4-inch-wide strips and add to the bowl.
3. Drain the onion, pat dry with paper towels and add to the salad bowl. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, peppers, parsley and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Drizzle with the House Vinaigrette, then sprinkle with the lemon juice; toss again. Sprinkle with the dried basil and serve.
Serves 4 to 8