Butternut squash, apples and crispy quinoa are spiced and tossed in a tangy vinaigrette for a veggie-focused meal that calls in the best flavours of winter.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 baking apples (such as Braeburn or Pink Lady), peeled, cored and halved, divided
- 4 cups trimmed watercress
- 3 tbsp House Vinaigrette (see recipe below) 3 oz shaved Parmesan for garnish
- 2 tbsp Crispy Quinoa (see recipe below) for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, sugar, cinnamon and cayenne; season with salt and pepper. Add the squash and three of the apple halves; toss to coat. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet and bake until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the mixture to cool completely.