- 8 oz. rice stick noodles
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. tamarind concentrate
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Soak the rice noodles in cold water for about 30 minutes until they are soft. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Push the chicken to one side of the wok and crack the eggs on the other side. Scramble the eggs until cooked, then mix everything together.
- Add the soaked noodles to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they are soft.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir to coat everything evenly.
- Add the bean sprouts and scallions, and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped peanuts and cilantro, then toss everything together.
- Serve hot with additional chopped peanuts and cilantro on top, if desired. Enjoy your delicious chicken pad thai!